EU VAT Assistant for WooCommerce – What’s new
EU VAT Assistant for WooCommerce has been updated to version 0.9.6.141220. This is a major update, and it’s still backward compatible, as you would expect from us! This update brings the following improvements and fixes:
- Started implementation of reports. We are working on the EU VAT by Country report, which we will release soon.
- Optimised recording of VAT data and evidence. We reduced the amount of duplicate data stored in order’s “VAT paid” metadata, opting to perform calculations on the fly when needed. This will also reduce the confusion, as there will no longer be a chance of having conflicting information recorded against orders.
- Added support for refunds. This feature is available in WooCommerce 2.2 and newer.
- Added logic to append the VAT number to customer’s formatted billing address. This will allow to automatically display customers’ VAT number on the invoices, without having to manually tweak the templates to retrieve this information.
- Added exchange rates provider for ECB feed. This is the feed approved by most European Revenue Offices.
- Added exchange rates provider for Irish Revenue website. This is an experimental feature, because the Irish Revenue does not provide a machine readable feed of exchange rates. The provider attempts to parse all the rates from the HTML web page on revenue.ie and extract them. We would not recommend to use it in production, yet.
- Added integration with WooCommerce PDF Invoices & Packing Slips. The integration will make it simpler to produce EU VAT compliant invoices when using the PDF Invoices & Packing Slips plugin. Below this list you can find an example of a multi-currency invoice printed using this plugin.
- Fixed bug in logic used to determine the availability of sufficient evidence about customer’s location. The bug caused the detection to fail in some circumstances.
- Fixed bug in validation of sufficient customer’s location evidence.
- Added notice to invite site administrator to complete the plugin configuration. We added this notice because some users got confused by the plugin not working immediately after installation. A minimum setup is required before the EU VAT Assistant can do its job.
Sample invoice – Produced with PDF Invoices & Packing Slips
How to get the latest version
You can download the latest version of the EU VAT Assistant plugin from its product page.