XAdapter FedEx Shipping now supports the Aelia Currency Switcher for WooCommerce
Hello, everyone! We would like to thank all the people who reached to us, to check how we were doing after being snowed in by the “Beast from the East”, as they called it here in Ireland. We got quite a bit of snow, which is a rare occurrence on this green island. Getting out of our homes was an interesting challenge!
Now the situation is (almost) back to normal, and it’s time to kick off the week with a great news. The XAdapter Team informed us that they have been working to add native support for our WooCommerce Currency Switcher to their plugins. This follows the great result achieved with their DHL Shipping plugin and it’s a step in the right direction, to increase the presence of native multi-currency support in the WooCommerce market.
The next XAdapter product that supports our Currency Switcher is their FedEx Shipping plugin. We publish below the release note that the XAdapter team sent us:
From XAdapter. Received on the 27 February 2018.
Good News to all who ship international via FedEx in WooCommerce. XAdapter’s FedEx shipping plugin is now compatible with the Aelia Currency Switcher. Thanks to this new integration, now you can easily ship internationally in multiple currencies, and be sure that you will receive accurate shipping costs in all currencies.
Using the FedEx Shipping plugin in a multi-currency environment is as easy as you would expect it to be. All it takes are a few, simple steps, which you can find below:
1. Install and configure the Aelia Currency Switcher. The following document will help you getting your site ready in no time: Aelia Currency Switcher – Getting Started.
2. In WooCommerce > Currency Switcher > Geolocation page, enable the Geolocation option. This setting will automatically select the currency based on visitor’s location.
3. Install the FedEx Shipping plugin. If you are already running it, make sure that you update it to the latest version (4.0.3 or newer).
4. Verify that the FedEx plugin works, by checking that the shipping rates appear on the cart and checkout page.
5. You are ready! The FedEx shipping costs will be converted automatically to the active currency.
The XAdapter Team also put together a short video, to show how easy it is to use their FedEx plugin together with our Aelia Currency Switcher. Have a look at it, you can find it below
We would like to thank the XAdapter Team for their efforts in creating effective, simple to use solutions. We also would like to thank them for joining the ever growing list of developers who recognise the importance of native multi-currency support in WooCommerce plugins. Well done!
The Aelia Team