Hot Threads Plugin for Vanilla Forums 2.0/2.1 displays a list of the Discussions that received the highest amount of Views and/or Comments.
How it works
Once enabled, the Plugin will add a widget to the Sidebar (Panel), displaying a short list of the Hot Discussions. The content of the widget will automatically refresh at a constant interval. At the same time, a new link, named Hot, will be added to the Discussions Menu. Such link will open a full page with the list of the Hot Discussions.
The Plugin determines which Discussions are hot based on the Views and/or Comments they received. As soon as a Discussion reaches the configured thresholds, it will be automatically picked up by the plugin and displayed in both the Hot Threads widget and page.
- Displays a list of Hot Threads in a Widget and in a full featured page.
- Zero configuration needed to get started. Plugin works out of the box, configuration has to be modified only if needed.
- Compatible with both Vanilla 2.0 and 2.1b (see Notes)
- PHP 5.3+
- Vanilla Forums 2.0/2.1b (see Notes)
- Plugin has been tested on Vanilla 2.1b and it should be compatible with it. However, since Vanilla 2.1 is still in Beta, compatibility cannot be guaranteed. For the same reason, we provide limited assistance for installation in such environment.
- Hot Discussions Widget and Page have been tested on Vanilla default theme. While they should be working with other themes, compatibility with them is not guaranteed and may require some adjustments.